Small Images Application FAQ: A Step-by-Step Guide (Please see application page for eligibility & size requirements)
In order to upload submit a work to the Small Images show, you must create a profile on callforentry.org.
1. To get started, click “Register Here,” located on the home page.
2. Read and agree to the terms of service; you will then be transferred to the application page
3. Fill in the required fields with your information. If you do not want to receive any further messages from CallForEntry, simply uncheck the boxes for various mailing lists at the bottom of the page.
4. Once you are finished, click “Register Now”
Now you must upload images of your works you wish to enter. These should be high quality images. You want to present your pieces as well as possible.
1. Login using the username and password you just created
2. Having logged in, click on the link titled “My Portfolio” located at the top of the web page in the blue menu bar, this is where you will upload an image of the work you wish to enter
3. Click “Choose File” and select the image you wish to upload. Fill out the boxes below including, the title, medium, dimensions, price, and year the work was completed
4. Your image must measure at least 1920 pixels long on its longest side. This is to ensure that your work is displayed in high quality.
5. Once you have finished, click “Add to My Portfolio”
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for every piece you wish to enter
Next, you need to submit your art specifically to the Small Images show
1. Select “Apply to Calls” from the top menu bar
2. In the search box, enter “Small Images” and the call for the Small Images show will present in the results below the search box
3. Click “Apply to this Call,” and then read and agree to the terms of service
4. You now have the option to upload three separate works, with two images of each work
5. In the box at the bottom, select the images you have previously uploaded to your portfolio. These are your primary images.
6. You may also upload an additional image of each piece if you wish. To do this, click on “choose file” located above the image box and upload it from your computer.
7. Once you have selected primary images and uploaded any additional images you desire, click “Save Application”
Finally, you must check out and submit payment for your application
1. Once you have saved your application, you will be given the option to “Check Out;” select this link
2. Follow the directions on the Checkout page to submit your payment information
3. Check the box for “$15.00 Atkinson Gallery Entry Fee.” It will automatically calculate the additional $10.00 for any other pieces you will be entering.
4. Click “Recalculate.” Once you have confirmed you will be charged the proper amount, choose your payment method from the drop-down box. You may choose to pay either by Visa or Mastercard or by check.
5. If you choose to pay by credit card, you will be redirected to a page where you can enter your card and payment information. Once you have done so, simply click “Submit Payment.”
6. If you choose to pay by check, you will be redirected to a page with the details of your payment where you must enter the check number. To be a valid payment, this check MUST be postmarked by 9/12/14. This means that the check must be mailed prior to the post office closing on September 12, or earlier. Anything postmarked later will not be counted and your entry will be invalidated unless you pay by credit card before the end of 9/12/14.